Grand Hotel Sofia is committed in working towards preserving the environment, with eco-friendly initiatives at the corporate level. We are working towards these initiatives as a first step of the company’s long-term focus on being "green."
Primary Short - Term Goals
- Raising awareness of sustainable development
- Endeavouring to work with partner organisations that share
our green values
- Monitoring the implementation measures arising from hotel assessments
Products and Practices
- Encouraging hotel guests to have their linens changed on the second night of their stay.
- Using toilets and faucets that save water.
- Informing hotel guests that they can participate in the towel re-use program.
Electrical Energy Conservation
- Using low-energy lighting within the hotel.
- Introducing recycling programs for glass and bottles wherever possible.
- Minimising the amount of printed materials and reusing them at every opportunity
- Recycling all the used paper
Eco-Friendly Suppliers and Products
- Revamping cleaning processes to eliminate the use of aerosols and introduce eco-friendly cleaning chemicals.
- Considering environmental impacts in our purchasing
Grand Hotel Sofia is dedicated to life-long environmental responsibility and will continue to embrace the addition of new eco-friendly policies in the future.